Firearms Safety Rules
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
Steel Target Safety Rules
- ALWAYS wear hearing protection and eye protection.
- ALWAYS inspect the target for damage, functionality, stability, etc., before using.
- ALWAYS place the target on a soft surface free of large rocks or other secondary ricochet hazards.
- ALWAYS stand at least 10 meters from the target when using handgun and .22 rimfire calibers.
- ALWAYS stand at least 10 meters from the target when using shotgun bird or buck shot (lead only).
- ALWAYS stand at least 100 meters (50 meters for specified targets) from the target when using centerfire rifle calibers.
- ALWAYS stand at least 100 meters from the target when using shotgun slugs.
- NEVER shoot steel shot, or air gun pellets at steel targets.
- NEVER use armor piercing, steel core, or other types of penetrator ammunition with steel targets.
- NEVER shoot on steel that is cratered, pitted, or damaged in any way.
- NEVER exceed a 20-degree angle of engagement.